How to Apply
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR 2018
Click Here for Application Form
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds. All applicants should be over 21 years of age and should have relevant skills and experience to bring to the placement that they are applying for.
We mainly focus on recruiting Capacity Building volunteers and volunteers for our annual Summer Schools (now closed for 2017) however there are opportunities for individuals with other skills to volunteer with us too.
Our volunteer recruitment process follows the recommendations made by Comhlámh’s Code of Good Practice for volunteer sending agencies.
STEPS TO BECOMING A VLM VOLUNTEER
- Firstly, complete the 2017 VLM Volunteer Application Form, including two referees (work and/or academic) and a copy of your passport and another form of photo ID. Send these to VLM by emailing it to email@example.com.
- Next, attend an interview at the VLM office in Phibsborough, Dublin 7. A face-to-face interview helps us to determine the placement most suitable for you.
- Then complete Garda Vetting through the new online e-vetting system – all of our volunteers are vetted as part of our Child Safeguarding procedures.
- Commit to fundraising/paying the placement fee. This once off payment covers all of the placement costs including flights and accommodation. Click here for more info…
- It is mandatory to attend the three pre-departure training days. Volunteers who do not attend training in full cannot travel. Click here for more info…
- You depart!
For any further questions or queries please visit our FAQs section or contact Mary Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01-8102570.
Pre-departure training is essential before you depart.