What does my fundraising cover?
Volunteers are required to pay or fundraise to cover the cost of their placement. This once-off payment includes:
- airport meet & transfer
- accommodation & meals*
- travel and health insurance*
- internal travel
- two day pre-departure training course (one weekend in early May 2017)
- teacher resource training (one Saturday in early May 2017)
- all training resources and materials
- Garda vetting costs
- one day debriefing upon return (usually in early October)
- membership of VLM’s volunteer alumni network
- Fundraising resources such as leaflets, t-shirts, permits, etc.
*All flights, accommodation and insurance are arranged by VLM for the volunteer – all you need to do is pack! Click here for more info on pre-departure training.